Boy have I been busy! I just completed my Winter trimester of college classes and am finally enjoying the perks of Spring Break! unfortunately for me though it doesn’t really seem like Spring where I’m at. Usually this time of the year there are things that I like to do to my home to make it feel more like Spring and here are 10 things you can do too:
1. Paint your front door: This is a simple way to freshen up your environment. Choose a bright color if you dare! The front door colors I’m loving right now are avocado, yellow, and light blue!
2. Floral Toss Pillows: If there’s one thing that I love to buy to change the look of my space, its pillows! Pillows in a floral of whimsical texture or pattern are perfect to liven up your home in the spring! I got the two pictured above at Target recently and am so in love with them!
3. Fresh Scented Candles: Put away those winter-ey candles and break out something that smells fresh from the farmers market! Right now I’m loving a Green Tea and Sage candle I purchased from Target and my other favorite, London Calling (Tea and Lemon) from Bath and Body Works.
4. Clean, Clean, Clean!: Maybe it’s just my OCD nature, but I love cleaning in the spring! There’s nothing more than freshly shampooed carpets to make my home feel fresh!
5. Rearrange: New seasons for me feel like new beginnings. This is why I love to rearrange my home in the spring! Arrange your living room to take advantage of the sunshine the best you can. This will be different in every home but I promise you that by giving yourself a great view of the outdoors will be an instant mood lifter!
6. Accessorize: Little bird sculptures, bird cages, or colorful frames are a few things that I love to use to accessorize my home in the spring. Go for pops of color on your mantle, bathroom counter, or nightstand.`
7. Garden: Obviously this is going to be different depending on where you live, but if you’ve got the opportunity to do it I suggest start your gardening. Get some new mulch or even plant some flowers.
8. Put away the heavy stuff: Put away your heavy winter blankets and bust out something a little lighter. Also, if you have flannel sheets on your bed this may be a good time to get rid of those as well.
9. Outdoor Space: If you’re like me and you love to barbecue or sit around the fire on a spring/summer night, this would be a nice time to put your patio furniture out. A nice new outdoor rug or porch lights are another way to freshen up your outdoor space. Even a new door mat can make your home feel more like Spring.
10. Enjoy it: Last and probably most importantly is to take advantage of the spring air. Open up your windows, go for a walk, and live everyday to the fullest. Spring 2013 is only going to happen once so we might as well enjoy it while we have it!
Today I was given an amazing surprise! The beautiful and talented Alyssa from Bella Extase nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! What and honor this is and I am ever so thankful! Thank you Bella Extase for this amazing gift!
In order to accept the award there are some rules:
So Here are my Random Facts:
1. I can’t swallow pills
2. I’ve never had the chicken pox
3. I get really creative at night
4. I’ve been with my Fiance since I was 15 years old
5. I’m basically a grandma…I’m obsessed with floral, cats, and cameos of course.
6. I’m incredibly allergic to pineapple
7. Before I was born my parents had a boy name and a girl name picked out for me. What’s extremely weird is that the boy name that my parents had picked out for me is my Fiance’s name…same first name and super similar middle name.
Here are my Nominees:
1. Bella Extase
6. Beauty Bliss
10. Pearls and Paris
11. Crafty Maddi
12. Just A Thought
14. Polish Alcoholic
Once again Thank You Bella Extase for the nomination!!!
Thick, gorgeous lashes are every girl’s dream but they can be hard to achieve. Several mascaras, serums, and falsies advertise that they will give you the desired look but can be hard to use. I know that I personally like to use falsies for special occasions but they can be expensive and most of the time are too long for my eye. Here are some tips for how to get the most out of drugstore falsies:
1. First and foremost I like to use the E.l.f. eyelashes. They are only $1.00 at Target! I prefer to buy these cheap lashes because when you don’t have a lot of money and you know you are only going to use them one time, they are perfect!
2. If you apply these with the length as is the eyelashes will more than likely look incredibly fake. This is why I prefer to cut mine in half and apply the wider half to the outer corner of my eye.
3. Let the glue get tacky before putting it on your eyelid or else it will glide around and dry in a funny spot.
4. Next I like to take the other half of the lash and apply it directly on top of the one previously applied.
5. Give the eyelashes a good 5 minutes or as needed to dry, checking them occasionally to make sure they stay in the correct spot.
6. After the eyelashes are dry I will prime my eyes, do my eyeshadow, and line my eyes, while trying not to mess with the falsies too much.
7. Lastly, I curl my lashes and apply two coats of mascara.
Using all of these steps you will have thick beautiful lashes perfect for day and night, This is the technique that I use and I have never had such great results. Let me know in the comments below how this works out for you or if you have any questions!
My Valentine’s Day this year was pretty casual. I spent all day in class and like usual in the morning, I lacked motivation to do anything extravagant with my hair. Which is exactly why I chose to do this messy but cute hairstyle, the mini fishtail-braid.
Mini Fishtail How To:
1. This hairstyle can be done with any texture of hair, so if you want it curled do that now.
2. pull your hair up just above the ears and pin it back lightly with bobby pins.
3. Separate the hair in half
4. Now we fishtail it: Take 1/2 inch sections of hair from one section and cross them over into the opposite section.
5. Repeat until braid is the desired length.
6. Tie off with an elastic and you are done!
* If you would like to see a more in depth tutorial on how to fishtail please comment below!
Hello Friends! This is sort of a short collective haul of things I’ve gotten over the past couple of weeks. I’ve tried out a few of my new goodies but there are still some that I’m yet to try! Here’s what I think about the things I got:
1. Soap and Glory Set: My fiance got this for me on our most recent trip to the mall. It was only $25.00 and came with the large body butter, hand food, a small bottle of clean on me, and this adorable travel bag! This is the first time I’ve tried any of the Soap and Glory products and they smell Amazing!
2. Scarf and Necklace: Can you believe that both of these are from Avon? My mom just recently started selling it and I’ve become totally obsessed with the Mark products! They’re super affordable and great quality too!
3. E.l.f Products: I picked up these eyelashes and makeup brush Sunday evening from my local drugstore. I love E.l.f. products because they are so cheap and work great! The makeup brush I got is the stippling brush which I really like to use during my foundation routine. It’s really soft and makes my makeup look flawless! I’m planning on wearing the eyelashes for Valentine’s Day.
4. Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer: I saved the best for last here… I have been looking for a good concealer for such a long time and I finally think that I found it! I really like how this one goes on. I really like the thickness and the formula of this one. While some people might not like having a thick concealer, this one works amazing for me because it covers my dark under eye circles wonderfully!
Well this concludes my Beauty & Accessory Haul! I highly recommend all of these products and hope that you get a chance to try them out!