Boy have I been busy! I just completed my Winter trimester of college classes and am finally enjoying the perks of Spring Break! unfortunately for me though it doesn’t really seem like Spring where I’m at. Usually this time of the year there are things that I like to do to my home to make it feel more like Spring and here are 10 things you can do too:
1. Paint your front door: This is a simple way to freshen up your environment. Choose a bright color if you dare! The front door colors I’m loving right now are avocado, yellow, and light blue!
2. Floral Toss Pillows: If there’s one thing that I love to buy to change the look of my space, its pillows! Pillows in a floral of whimsical texture or pattern are perfect to liven up your home in the spring! I got the two pictured above at Target recently and am so in love with them!
3. Fresh Scented Candles: Put away those winter-ey candles and break out something that smells fresh from the farmers market! Right now I’m loving a Green Tea and Sage candle I purchased from Target and my other favorite, London Calling (Tea and Lemon) from Bath and Body Works.
4. Clean, Clean, Clean!: Maybe it’s just my OCD nature, but I love cleaning in the spring! There’s nothing more than freshly shampooed carpets to make my home feel fresh!
5. Rearrange: New seasons for me feel like new beginnings. This is why I love to rearrange my home in the spring! Arrange your living room to take advantage of the sunshine the best you can. This will be different in every home but I promise you that by giving yourself a great view of the outdoors will be an instant mood lifter!
6. Accessorize: Little bird sculptures, bird cages, or colorful frames are a few things that I love to use to accessorize my home in the spring. Go for pops of color on your mantle, bathroom counter, or nightstand.`
7. Garden: Obviously this is going to be different depending on where you live, but if you’ve got the opportunity to do it I suggest start your gardening. Get some new mulch or even plant some flowers.
8. Put away the heavy stuff: Put away your heavy winter blankets and bust out something a little lighter. Also, if you have flannel sheets on your bed this may be a good time to get rid of those as well.
9. Outdoor Space: If you’re like me and you love to barbecue or sit around the fire on a spring/summer night, this would be a nice time to put your patio furniture out. A nice new outdoor rug or porch lights are another way to freshen up your outdoor space. Even a new door mat can make your home feel more like Spring.
10. Enjoy it: Last and probably most importantly is to take advantage of the spring air. Open up your windows, go for a walk, and live everyday to the fullest. Spring 2013 is only going to happen once so we might as well enjoy it while we have it!